C. Jibril Sulaiman II | Startup Consultant | Developer
jibrilsulaiman.com Github: datdudejibril
Full-stack developer and former founder of an INC 500 ranked startup. A problem solver, innovator, natural networker and leader motivated by the flow of creative energy. Eager to integrate my repository of experience, along with my newly acquired technical skills, as a member of a solutions team.
Technologies: Azure, Digital Ocean, Cpanel, Cloudflare, Godaddy (DNS Mgmt), SSL Cert., WordPress, Magento, Xcode, Android Studio, Photoshop, Sketch, Twilio, Google Adwords, Jira, Facebook (Marketing, Graph API), Dwolla, Stripe Integration, Twitter Marketing, Paypal Integration, Zapier, Pipedrive, Sendgrid, Mailchimp, Mandrill, ERDs, GitHub, Authorize.net, Blue Host, HiVelocity
Business: Startups, Product Management, Product Development, Marketing, Business Development, Payments Services, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, eCommerce, Facebook Livestreaming/OBS, Coworking Spaces, Video/Audio Editing, On-Air Personality, Press Releases, Patent & Trademark Holder, Author
Web Development Immersive Student, General assembly, Atlanta, Ga — Feb – May 2017
Full-stack web development program focused on common best practices in object-oriented programming, MVC frameworks and test-driven development. Developed a portfolio of individual and group projects, including:
– “Rank That Project” MEN Stack app
– “Grade.ly” MEAN Stack app
Consultant/Entrepreneur, JibrilSulaiman.Com, Pensacola, FL — Jan 2015 – Present
Developed and launched several web/app based platforms including RazSum.Cash, Rapfeatures.com, Spendwith.in, Cutt.rs and CNVRG.co
– Developed core concept behind the web application
– Sourced & managed developers through Upwork/Elance to implement major changes to source code using SCRUM with JIRA platform
– Built WordPress splash pages for each site (used Putty to increase PHP memory size)
– Modified CSS of php based source code
– Developed creatives including logo, marketing videos and site layout/design
– Implemented small changes (i.e., adding JS form elements, modal boxes, changes to Twitter share and changes to DIV elements)
– Marketed sites using Twitter Marketing, Facebook Advertising & Google Adwords
– Attended the NewMe startup accelerator program in 2015 for Cutt.rs
Former Co-Founder, Workbase.us, Pensacola, FL — Mar – Dec 2016
Founder of a small Coworking Space
– Gained understanding in the business model, management, and marketing of a coworking space.
– Highlighted by local TV & Print media as provider and catalyst for entrepreneurs and
small business owners.
– Board Member of local Entrepreneur Ecosystem Groups as a founder of WorkBase. Responsible for curating resources for local entrepreneurs
Former Founder, Pay Sell Co / Pay Cell Systems Inc, Pensacola, FL — Jan 2011 – Feb 2017
Founder & President of a software company that operated a hybrid phone/web platform for facilitating prepaid wireless payments.
– Developed the platform from scratch. Researched/integrated technologies to enhance the platform, including Dwolla, Authorize.net, Twilio (IVR SMS), Paypal, Stripe,
Selenium Automation/Scraping, Captcha Breakers, and Magento.
– Marketed the platform using Facebook campaigns, Facebook groups, Twitter
Campaigns, Google Adwords/WordStream, Google Analytics, Inspectlet,
SEO, Wordpress Blogs, and Press Releases.
– Coordinated business development for the platform.
– Coordinated with outbound/inbound call centers to handle sales and customer service
– Member of the Gulf Coast Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Incubator
program (2012-2016.) A program designed to provide mentorship to technology startups
– Earned a #484 ranking on the 2016 INC 500 list for 700% growth from 2012-2015.
Recognized by national and local TV/Print media for the ranking. Personally featured
in 30 min documentary about the launch of the company.
Founder/Owner, In-Style Wireless / The Cell Phone Place, Pensacola, FL / Mobile, AL / Tallahassee, FL — 2001 – 2010
Operated several multi-carrier wireless stores that specialized in prepaid wireless services, repairs and phone unlocking.
– Oversaw daily operations, including marketing, Profit & Loss management, HR duties, inventory management and more.
General Assembly, Atlanta, GA, October 2017
NewMe Startup Accelerator, San Francisco , CA, 2015
Gulf Coast Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 2012-2016
Troy University, Online, 2008
Pensacola State College, 2007
University of West Florida, 1999-2001, 2004, 2009
Achieve Escambia, Pensacola, FL – Jan 2016 — Nov 2016
Executive Council member of Achieve Escambia
– Responsible for launching social media outreach
– Facilitated the hiring of Executive Director
– Assisted in adopting the STRIVE framework for enhancing the education standards in Escambia County.
Entrepreneurs Ecosystem Group, Pensacola, FL – Jun – Nov 2016
EEG board member
– Assisted think tank organization in creating a repository of resources for local entrepreneurs and small business owners
Gulf Coast African American Chamber of Commerce, Pensacola, FL – May 2014 – Mar 2016
GCAACC board member
– Assisted executive director in providing economic development opportunities to underserved businesses on the Gulf Coast